Monday, March 16, 2009

March 18 theme: Naked Mole Rats and Other Uglies!


The first title for this theme was "So Ugly They're Cute,"
but I'm not so sure.


What's this, you ask? Why, it's a Naked Mole Rat, of course! And don't worry, they're not immodest streakers of the animal world: they just don't have too much fur.
Ms. Ruth here at the Morgantown Branch introduced me to a lovely, funny book about a naked mole rat, and I just had to share.
Also, I am cooking up an extra-special craft this week involving our very own NMR sculpture pets to take home.


Here are some books we'll look at and some books you should check out:



Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed by Mo Willems







The Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Andersen ; retold by Stephen Mitchell







I Want a Hug by John Rowe







Beauty and the Beast retold by Max Eilenberg





Shrek! by William Steig


This is a story time I think kids will have fun with. Join us!


Wednesday, March 18 @ 10:15am


Clinton District Public Library


No comments:

Post a Comment